harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 5.0M12a testing
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:49:59 GMT
On 21/Jan/2010 12:34, Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message <201001211141.o0LBfZ8F026276@d06av03.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com>,
> "Mark Hindess" writes:
>> I've created a source tar.gz for a potential 5.0M12a release by doing:
>>
>>   svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/tags/5.0m12a fed
>>   cd fed
>>   sun60 ant populate-src bundle-src
>
> Oops.  Ignore the 'sun60' that's just a local script to set the
> environment to use that runtime for ant.

I'm building on windows at the moment.

>> and placed it at:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/5.0m12a/
>
> If you try to use this tar.gz on windows you might get errors about:
>
>   working_classlib/modules/nio/src/main/java/windows
>
> and other missing directories because for some people the untar process
> doesn't seem to create empty directories.  It is trivially fixed with
> mkdir but we'll need to create a source zip to vote so I'll upload one
> shortly.

I fell into that, by using WinZIP to untar the archive.  If I list the
contents using Cygwin's GNU tar I see the empty directories are in
there, but they were not recreated by winzip <shrug/>.

FYI I needed to create the following empty dirs
apache-harmony-5.0-src-r901653\working_classlib\modules\nio\src\main\java\windows
apache-harmony-5.0-src-r901653\working_classlib\modules\luni\src\test\impl\windows
apache-harmony-5.0-src-r901653\working_classlib\modules\suncompat\src\test\java

Regards,
Tim