harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Google Summer of Code 2010
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:26:52 GMT

In message <94d710af1001261726o9085b91jcef0d7dd95b2c1f6@mail.gmail.com>,
Sean Qiu writes:

> Have someone notice this? Seems that it is time to dicuss our
> potential proposals.

Yes.  Indeed.  We should use the wiki again.

I also think we should consider our selection criteria.  My experience
has been that:

1) there tends not to be much to distinguish proposals (once you've
excluded the rushed/poor proposals choosing between the rest is
difficult)

2) there hasn't been as much interaction as I would like (I'd go as far
as suggesting that a number of failed projects would have passed if they
had done better at this)

I'd like to try to tackle this by only considering proposals from
individuals that have already had a patch integrated.

What do others think?  (I'm particularly interested to know what past
applicants think.)

Regards,
 Mark