harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: 5.0M12a testing
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:43:59 GMT

In message <4d9fb1a01001212138k15a640a7t4fcc31fb9dea7cf7@mail.gmail.com>, Ray
Chen writes:

> Hi All,
> I have run all the test of 5.0M12a (Windows XP, SP3), 25887 tests were
> run, and I see 8 failures and 7 errors as following:

[snip]

Are any of these regressions from your 5.0m12 experiences?

> My question is why JIRA6408 patch was not included ? I see the patch
> was committed @r893377 and the m12a's revision number is 901646

Because as discussed here:

  http://markmail.org/thread/25csio5grqekr6cf

5.0m12a only contains a fix of a single crucial issue on top of a tag[0]
made from 5.0m12.  It is not 5.0m13.  5.0m13 will be prepared for
release (from trunk) on the usual schedule.

The revision number is increased because revision numbers are a global,
monotonically increasing sequence for the entire Apache svn repository.

Regards,
 Mark.

[0] mentioned in the first message in this thread:

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/tags/5.0m12a