harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Postpone java6 milestone release
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:47:59 GMT

Since we are not making much progress towards a java6 milestone release
and the code has been frozen for much too long, I think we should
abandon the idea and postpone the release until we do the next java5
milestone.

If no one speaks up against this, then I will send a mail declaring the
code freeze over tomorrow.

I'm not convinced having the milestones offset by a week really helps
much and suggest that next time we do a milestone release for java5 we
do a java6 release at the same time.  (I'm not convinced this will work
either but it can't really be worse so I think we should try it.)

What do you think?

-Mark.