harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Prepscius <timprepsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: harmony vm as a lib
Date Sat, 26 Dec 2009 21:48:29 GMT
Okay, will do.

BTW.  I think things are crashing because the VM "intern" method has
not been overridden by the native method.

Does anyone know where the VM & other luni/luni-kernal native methods
get loaded into the JVM?  I'm looking for a OnLoad or something that
registers those natives.  As of yet can't find it.  And strangely, I
have yet to find that "intern" method.

The reason I think this is assert culprit is because I'm looking at
the luni java and it looks like this:

(VM class)
    /**
     * This method must be provided by the vm vendor.
     *
     * Searches an internal table of strings for a string equal to the specified
     * String. If the string is not in the table, it is added. Answers the
     * string contained in the table which is equal to the specified String. The
     * same string object is always answered for strings which are equal.
     *
     * @param string the String to intern
     *
     * @return the interned string equal to the specified String
     */
    public static final String intern(String string) {
        return null;
    }

(and this is obviously a stub)

and then the result is asserted to be not null..

any hints?

-tim