harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [General]offer Harmony 6 Select build with M1
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:13:47 GMT

In message <211709bc0912210543s7d151888lde85eb4a32033219@mail.gmail.com>,
Tony Wu writes:

> Hi, all
> We are testing 6M1 on windows and linux. I was wondering how about
> delivering the Harmony Select build along with our M1 build. There is
> no extra testing required, I'm writing a script to simply package
> following modules as Harmony Select core:
>  ANNOTATION         ARCHIVE             AUTH
>  BEANS              CONCURRENT          CRYPTO
>  JNDI               INSTRUMENT          LANG-MANAGEMENT
>  LOGGING            LUNI                MATH
>  NIO                NIO_CHAR            PACK200
>  PREFS              REGEX               SECURITY
>  SQL                TEXT                XML
>  X-NET
>
> and left following out for selection:
>  ACCESSIBILITY      APPLET              AWT
>  IMAGEIO            ORB                 PRINT
>  RMI                SOUND               SWING
>  X_MGT

While I like the idea of a select build, I think having an "official"[0]
select build would require that your script be integrated into the
official source release.

Are you planning to request commit permission to integrate your script?
If not, then I think it should wait until this can be done post M1.

Regards,
 Mark.

[0] if any binary artifacts are "official"