harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: java 6 branch -version reports 1.5.0?
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:05:33 GMT

In message <3b3f27c60912101902u5c49e5c2o3b7fb9f300833b84@mail.gmail.com>,
Nathan Beyer writes:

> I've been doing testing on the java 6 branch and was looking over the
> results and noticed that the version info reports 1.5.0 ... I thought
> we did something about that? I think I have the build setup correctly,
> though maybe not.

There are two ways to build the java6 branch.  The "old" way is:

  svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/trunk hy6
  cd hy6
  ant -Djava6=true populate-src
  ant -Djava6=true

and the new way:

  svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/branches/java6 hy6
  cd hy6
  ant populate-src
  ant

I suspect that you are using the "old" way and not supplying the
-Djava6=true parameter to the build.  (Previously the -Djava6=true
parameter only affected the populate-src target but now it affects the
build too.)

I think we should deprecate/remove the "old" way to avoid this confusion.

-Mark.