harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Status of UI tests in Hudson run
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 11:31:35 GMT

In message <c30d70960912050257j730f361asa56d8fe446871dd8@mail.gmail.com>,
Alexei Fedotov writes:

> Mark,
> I have exammined few exception stack traces in Tim's run. They refer
> to the following exceptions:
>
>     java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/JButton
>     java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/UIManager
>
> I believe these particular tests likely fail due to the absence of
> swing.jar.

Yeah.  I'm sure there are lots of problems I was trying to fix the tests
that were reporting:

  Uncaught exception in AWT-NativeEventThread:
  Uncaught exception in AWT-EventDispatchThread:
  java.lang.InternalError: Cannot open display ''
    at org.apache.harmony.awt.wtk.linux.XServerConnection.<init>(XServerConnection.java:41)
    at org.apache.harmony.awt.wtk.linux.XServerConnection.<clinit>(XServerConnection.java:33)
    at org.apache.harmony.awt.wtk.linux.LinuxWindowFactory.<init>(LinuxWindowFactory.java:45)
    at org.apache.harmony.awt.wtk.linux.LinuxWTK.<init>(LinuxWTK.java:99)

Missing swing.jar must have been a configuration build/issue but I can't
reproduce that problem at the moment.  This problem will most likely
disappear if we can fix the display problems and remove any reference
to -Dexclude.modules=swing which could conceivably cause this kind of
problem if it was used in the build phase rather than just the test run.

Regards,
 Mark.