harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] pre-commit testing (was: Re: svn commit: r835212 - /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/main/java/java/io/BufferedReader.java)
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:53:23 GMT
I would rather call this "misunderstanding".

Jesse run one set of tests, Tim expected another set. One way to
correct the problem is to agree that committers run a specific minimal
set of tests, for example, on one platform. I thought we had such
agreements documented, but failed to find a proper pointer. It seems
to me now that instead of formal pre-commit rules we had Stepan
Mishura who guided us informally.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/Nov/2009 03:50, Nathan Beyer wrote:
>> 2009/11/16 Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>:
>>> Funny. We don't have a requirement that a committer have to test the
>>> code before committing it here [1].
>>
>> I suppose some things are just assumed.
>>
>>> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/NewCommitter
>
> Of course, we are all grown-ups.  Mistakes happen.
>
> How close are we to being able to run all the tests via Hudson?
> I recall that there was discussion and work on packaging the tests so
> they can be run from the HDK.  I don't recall it being declared 'done'?
>
> Regards,
> Tim

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://www.telecom-express.ru/