harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] List of contributors
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 13:21:06 GMT
Hello, Mark,

1. I don't believe that it is possible to honestly list all Harmony
contributors and compare their contributions.
2. Listing ACQ owners is possible, but has a legal risk of exposing
someone's invalid ACQs.
3. I cannot understand what you are trying to achieve. If you want to
provide incentives for people who make continuous contributions, you
may do an easy check and delete all "dormant" committers from the page
"Who we are". I just want me and my colleagues listed at the end of
the list by using something like "... and 300 others".

Thanks!

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Mark Hindess
<mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Seeing the @author tag in Charles/Regis recent commit reminded me that I
> had been thinking about how we recognise contributors to Harmony.
>
> Currently we have a "Who we are" page at:
>
>  http://harmony.apache.org/contributors.html
>
> which lists ~40 committers.  However, we have >260 ACQs.  While some
> of those haven't committed any code (yet? ;-) most have and I wonder
> if we should list their names on the contributors page?
>
> I think I could figure out who has contributed code for most of the
> current ACQ submitters without a huge amount of effort[0] and I think
> there are enough people currently active to point out anyone I miss.
>
> There is little point expending any effort doing this for the current
> point in time unless committers are happy to keep it up to date
> by fixing the website when they commit a contribution from a new
> contributor.  What do committers think about this?
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.
>
> [0] It might prove useful to check for contributions for which we
>    have no ACQs while doing this.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://www.telecom-express.ru/
http://harmony.apache.org/