harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Wilson <jessewil...@google.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Testing multithreaded behaviour
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:31:33 GMT
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Mark Hindess
<mark.hindess@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Anyone tried this?  I wonder if we could use this to avoid arbitrary
> sleeps that slow down our tests and potentially make them unstable?

That's what Weaver is intended for! And it also lets you test concurrency
problems that are usually too complex to bother, which I think is more
important than the flakiness. And just having Weaver around makes us more
likely to spend time thinking through our tricky concurrency problems.

I recommend Weaver. (although I'm quite biased, scripts were my idea/fault)