harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: harmony vm as a lib
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:54:33 GMT
To reduce Harmony VM (DRLVM) is possible - and not very difficult. JIT
and GC are modules that you can easily replace with very simple ones.
Other modules can be largely reduced as well if you do not need them,
e.g., threading, verifier, profiler, etc. I don't know your
performance target, but my personal preference usually is to keep a
simple JIT for the execution engine rather than the interpreter.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://people.apache.org/~xli