harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: [drlvm]Is there any JVM profiler tool for Harmony tunning
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:58:41 GMT
For JVM performance tuning, I run Harmony as a common C application in
Vtune, not as a Java application.

Are you having to run Harmony in Linux? I had less experience with
Vtune in Linux. But it works perfectly in Windows. Will you try
running in Windows?

Thanks,
xiaofeng

2009/11/9 johnnylj98 <johnnylj98@gmail.com>:
> Hi Xiao Feng,
> Thanks for your help. I found Intel VTune use JVMTI to profile the application if you
specify your application as java program. So that it still won't work in my case because I
don't use the IR generated from bytecode.
> But if I specify the java program as a linux excutable application, all I got are hot
modules. When I try to see the hot methods in a module, VTune collapse.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> 2009-11-09
>

> johnnylj98

threads and modules in running of java, but every time I click hotspot tag for a specific
module VTune goes out of response.
>> Is there anything special I should care about when I use VTune to tune Harmony?
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>>

>> 2009-11-06
>>

>> johnnylj98

JRE. So is there some JVM profiler tool available for Harmony JRE?

>>> http://harmony.apache.org/
>>> http://www.expressaas.com/

--
http://people.apache.org/~xli