harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Sabol <csa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anyone work on the MIPS machines?
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:29:47 GMT
Hi all,

I work with Charles.   Currently I'm working on a JET port to MIPS.

Since I haven't done any work on DRLVM, it's a learning experience.  I've
taken the approach of stubbing out the port layer routines for MIPS with
aborts and working through components on an as needed basis.  That helps
with providing the context for how modules are designed to interact.

As far as status:

The required LIL wrappers all seem to compile and I've been able to get the
basic ALU and argument passing logic working.

I'm currently working through the class initialization logic. I'm around the
org/apache/harmony/nio/FileChannelFactory.getFileChannel during the
initialization process (That's the first switch statement that gets hit
during startup).

There is still a lot of work.

My goal was to get to the point that a 'hello world' app with the standard
class libraries functions correctly before dropping an initial patch.
Anything less than that makes it more difficult to figure out what's going
on.

However, if there is interest I can send out a current snapshot.

Unfortunately, we have integrated harmony into our cross compile make system
which is not feasible to export.  So a snapshot in the current form would
not include the ant makefile updates to compile on MIPS.

-Chris