harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] M12 testing on Windows x86
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:00:14 GMT
A little more progress.
It looks like we're reading javax\swing\text\html\parser\html32.bdtd
(which is where the ZipFile/ZipEntry classes come in). I see that with
the M12 version of those classes we end up throwing an ASN1Exception at
line 886 of BerInputStream.java (right at the start of it's read()
method). This unravels the stack up to ParserDelegator.createDTD() which
has a "try ... catch(Exception e) { // do nothing }" around the DTD
read. The exception is ignored and we carry on, but the DTD has not been
fully populated and it looks like this is the cause of the html not
being processed correctly and the tests failing. Needless to say, this
exception is not thrown with the M11 version of ZipFile/ZipEntry.

The question now is why offset==buffer.length at the start of the
BerInputStream.read() call with the new ZipFile/ZipEntry classes. Ill
keep digging.

Regards,
Oliver

--