harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] M12 testing on Windows x86
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 12:05:55 GMT
I have updated this morning and I only see 1 consistent failure on
Windows x86 now:

Name                                                             Tests
Errors Failures
javax.swing.text.html.HTMLDocument_Reader_ActionsTest
58      1      1

The bad news is that running this test against the M11 build passes for
me, so it's something we have broken since the last milestone. I have
created HARMONY-6392 for these failures.

I see the following test failing about 1 in 10 with a long loop of
repeated output:
org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.MultiSession.RefTypeIDTest

The output looks like:
  [SYNC] Waiting for message: continue
  java.net.SocketException: The operation timed out
    at
org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.read(OSNetworkSystem.java)
    <few more stack lines here snipped>
repeated constantly until the test harness kills it. The [SYNC] message
is from the jpda test framework and I'm suspicious that this timeout
might just be a timing problem with the test case, and the harness is
not handling it properly and entering a loop. I have recreated this
failure on M11 so I don't think it should be a blocker for M12. It looks
like the failure in HARMONY-6388 is the same - I havn't been able to
recreate it but I expect it would fail on M11 also.

I also saw 1 failure/error in each of:
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io.PipedInputStreamTest
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicScrollBarUITest

but running them each standalone 10 times they did not fail again, which
means they are either fairly intermittent, are caused by leftover
artifacts from previous tests or are caused by me using the machine at
the same time as the test run (quite likely).

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin