harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] M12 testing on Windows x86
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:12:39 GMT
On 24/Nov/2009 16:11, Jesse Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 6:31 AM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Name                                               Tests Errors Failures
>> org.apache.harmony.logging.tests.java.util.logging    13      1      0
>
> This particular failure isn't being reported by Hudson...

I don't see it when running the logging tests again.
I'll keep an eye out for it.

>> org.apache.harmony.sound.tests.javax.sound.sampled     5      3      2
>
> Since my archive change is responsible for this, I spent a while
> investigating it. Unfortunately I haven't had much success; I've never
> looked at the javax.sound API. I'll see what happens to the test's behaviour
> when my change is reverted...

Seems to be caused by a change in the implementation of available() for
InputStreams on Zip entries.

The failing code is in
org.apache.harmony.sound.utils.ProviderService#getProviders(String) when
it tries to read the whole content using available()...

<snip>
   InputStream in = urls.nextElement()
           .openStream();
   bytes = new byte[in.available()];
   in.read(bytes);
   in.close();
<snip>

Of course, this is bad form, and when I switch to use the old favourite
getAllBytesFromStreamAndClose(InputStream) things start working again.

We can debate whether we should try to improve the available() impl or not.

Regards,
Tim