harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build-test] new Hudson job (1.5 all tests)
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:56:29 GMT
On 20/Nov/2009 10:40, Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message <4B065E49.9040806@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:
>> FYI  I have created a new Hudson job [1] that builds the 1.5 branch and
>> then runs all the tests in the checkout (excluding awt & swing at the
>> moment).
>>
>> There are a number of failing tests, but it looks like some of these are
>> config issues caused by running headless that hopefully will go away
>> once the environment is set up right.
>
> I'll fix the xvfb environment set up.  "export DISPLAY=:0" only last for the
> duration of the script not the subsequent ant script so it doesn't work at
> the moment.
>
> There is actually a script to help with this so you can do:
>
>   xvfb-run ant ... text

Thanks Mark.  There are a bunch of warnings when running Xvfb on minerva
at the moment, which may not be important but I can help fix them if
they affect our test runs.

> I'm going to prune the properties because some are not needed...
>
>   # Link to version 6 of C++ runtime libs
>   use.libstdc++6=true
>
> This is the default now.
>
>   #Exclude UI tests for now
>   exclude.module=awt,swing
>
> This is needed.
>
>   # Run simple test on result
>   test.jre.home=$WORKSPACE/harmony/target/hdk/jdk/jre
>
> This is the default.
>
>   #reduce the crud left behind by redefining some vars
>   tmp.dir=$WORKSPACE/harmony/tmp
>   user.home=$WORKSPACE
>
> This is handled by ant now in the run-hdk-tests macro.... hmm... except
> for a few cases which I'll fix shortly.

Ack - thanks.

> New build running now ... hopefully a few more tests will pass now.

I left it scheduled only @daily for the moment, thinking that's enough
nagging to make sure I don't forget it.  Of course, we can invoke manual
builds while fixing the scripts.

> I left the "fetch-depends build" step alone but I was wondering why you
> didn't use "fetch-depends rebuild" to get a clean build?

Just because 'build' is shorter and that helps at this stage of
debugging the build system.  Once things are working I'll change it to
do a rebuild.

Regards,
Tim