harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r834317 - in /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk: modules/luni/src/test/api/common/org/apache/harmony/luni/tests/java/io/ support/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/testframework/
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:59:22 GMT
> These tests fail! There should be 7 new failures.

Then put the tests into the exclude list until you get the fixes in
place.  Leaving it broken is not helpful.

I've updated the LUNI exclude list at r834407.

Regards,
Tim

On 10/Nov/2009 03:12, jessewilson@apache.org wrote:
> Author: jessewilson
> Date: Tue Nov 10 03:12:06 2009
> New Revision: 834317

> Log:
> A bunch of new tests for OutputStreams.
>
> This uses composition to create many tests (86 tests in this case) with few lines of
code. This is most useful for things like OutputStream and Collection where there are multiple
implementations that satisfy the same core behaviour. I intend to eventually create a similar
set of testers for InputStreams, Readers and Writers. The main advantage of this style of
test is that it becomes easy to check that all implementations conform to a specified behaviour.

> The motivation for this specific set is a bug in FilteredStream.flush(), where we are
ignoring an exception thrown by an underlying stream. These tests fail! There should be 7
new failures. I intend to commit a change that has the fix tomorrow.