harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [general] voting for release
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:49:51 GMT

Please compare the votes on our last release thread:

  http://markmail.org/thread/ih4gtirzvwqnveih

with those on a similar thread on the apr dev list:

  http://markmail.org/thread/zpitcpl5kvbfir4a

I rather like the style of the apr vote.  Voting and saying what you
did to evaluate the release puts the votes in context and gives anyone
reading the vote thread a degree of confidence that if the release makes
it out the door it will be of reasonable quality.

As the originator of a vote, it makes me nervous when I see
significantly more +1 votes than downloads.  The point of voting +1
is to approve the artifacts for release.  Personally, I'd be very
embarrassed if we released something with an obvious bug and I'd voted
+1 for it.  There will undoubtedly be times when I'll vote +0 if I've
not had time to test to my own satisfaction.

Of course, the actual vote is a matter for the individual but I'd like
to encourage everyone to put their vote in context if/when we come to
vote on 5.0M12 and/or 6.0M1.

Regards,
 Mark.