harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build-test] new Hudson job (1.5 all tests)
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:30:08 GMT

In message <4B0675DD.2060903@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

> On 20/Nov/2009 10:40, Mark Hindess wrote:
> > In message <4B065E49.9040806@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:
> >> FYI I have created a new Hudson job [1] that builds the 1.5 branch
> >> and then runs all the tests in the checkout (excluding awt & swing
> >> at the moment).
> >>
> >> There are a number of failing tests, but it looks like some of
> >> these are config issues caused by running headless that hopefully
> >> will go away once the environment is set up right.
> >
> > I'll fix the xvfb environment set up. "export DISPLAY=:0" only last
> > for the duration of the script not the subsequent ant script so it
> > doesn't work at the moment.
> >
> > There is actually a script to help with this so you can do:
> >
> >   xvfb-run ant ... text
>
> Thanks Mark.  There are a bunch of warnings when running Xvfb on
> minerva at the moment, which may not be important but I can help fix
> them if they affect our test runs.

The only ones that might will be the font ones but I think the tests
should only use the included dejavu fonts anyway.

> > This is handled by ant now in the run-hdk-tests macro.... hmm...
> > except for a few cases which I'll fix shortly.
>
> Ack - thanks.

Maybe not so shortly but as soon as I can.

> > New build running now ... hopefully a few more tests will pass now.
>
> I left it scheduled only @daily for the moment, thinking that's enough
> nagging to make sure I don't forget it.  Of course, we can invoke manual
> builds while fixing the scripts.

Ok.

> > I left the "fetch-depends build" step alone but I was wondering why you
> > didn't use "fetch-depends rebuild" to get a clean build?
>
> Just because 'build' is shorter and that helps at this stage of
> debugging the build system.  Once things are working I'll change it to
> do a rebuild.

Okay.  I'll leave it for now.

One other thing I noticed is that we are running the gen-report step.
This is quite time-consuming (on some platforms it takes longer than
running the tests) and it is pointless since hudson reports based on
the raw xml files.  Out-of-the-box there isn't a no.report flag on our
builds but -Dshort.report=true should be much quicker so I've added that
for now.

Regards,
 Mark.