harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build-test] new Hudson job (1.5 all tests)
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:40:50 GMT

In message <4B065E49.9040806@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

> FYI  I have created a new Hudson job [1] that builds the 1.5 branch and
> then runs all the tests in the checkout (excluding awt & swing at the
> moment).
>
> There are a number of failing tests, but it looks like some of these are
> config issues caused by running headless that hopefully will go away
> once the environment is set up right.

I'll fix the xvfb environment set up.  "export DISPLAY=:0" only last for the
duration of the script not the subsequent ant script so it doesn't work at
the moment.

There is actually a script to help with this so you can do:

  xvfb-run ant ... text

I'm going to prune the properties because some are not needed...

  # Link to version 6 of C++ runtime libs
  use.libstdc++6=true

This is the default now.

  #Exclude UI tests for now
  exclude.module=awt,swing

This is needed.

  # Run simple test on result
  test.jre.home=$WORKSPACE/harmony/target/hdk/jdk/jre

This is the default.

  #reduce the crud left behind by redefining some vars
  tmp.dir=$WORKSPACE/harmony/tmp
  user.home=$WORKSPACE

This is handled by ant now in the run-hdk-tests macro.... hmm... except
for a few cases which I'll fix shortly.

New build running now ... hopefully a few more tests will pass now.

I left the "fetch-depends build" step alone but I was wondering why you
didn't use "fetch-depends rebuild" to get a clean build?

Regards,
 Mark.