harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] pre-commit testing (was: Re: svn commit: r835212 - /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/main/java/java/io/BufferedReader.java)
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:06:51 GMT

In message <4B02C37A.2020100@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:
> On 17/Nov/2009 03:50, Nathan Beyer wrote:
> > 2009/11/16 Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>:
> >> Funny. We don't have a requirement that a committer have to test the
> >> code before committing it here [1].
> >
> > I suppose some things are just assumed.
> >
> >> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/NewCommitter
> Of course, we are all grown-ups.  Mistakes happen.
> How close are we to being able to run all the tests via Hudson?
> I recall that there was discussion and work on packaging the tests so
> they can be run from the HDK.  I don't recall it being declared 'done'?

"ant -f /path/to/hdk/build/test/build.xml" should work but there are
a few tests that fail when run this way (which is a bit odd since the
tests effectively run from there when you run "ant test" too.  However,
I see consistently broken tests anyway so perhaps we should just start
running all the tests this way *and* investigate all of the failures
then start being stricter about keeping them working (or excluded).

View raw message