harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][modularity] Logging performance improvements (HARMONY-6362)
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:47:47 GMT

In message <a43fbc6a0910270932x785b1a64pf454995f940a9e59@mail.gmail.com>,
Jesse Wilson writes:

> How do you feel about saying the core is "LUUUUUUUNI" ?
>  - lang
>  - util
>  - util.concurrent.*
>  - util.jar
>  - util.regex
>  - util.logging
>  - util.prefs
>  - util.zip
>  - net
>  - io
> This feels like a good fit to me, particularly since the RI exposes
> API interdependencies between these packages.

Looking at the dlls/jars in this list:

  http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WebOS_Doctor_version_1.1.0

it would seem that the Palm Pre uses harmony but does not include
concurrent or prefs.

Since they aren't active on the list I'm not sure how much we should let
this influence our decision.  It does suggest that we should be cautious
about making assumptions about what downstream users might like to do.
I am reluctant to limit subsetting choices for (potential) downstream
users without good reason.

Regards,
-Mark.