harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "johnnylj98" <johnnyl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: [drlvm]Is there any JVM profiler tool for Harmony tunning
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 07:17:56 GMT
Hi Xiao Feng,
Thanks for your help. I found Intel VTune use JVMTI to profile the application if you specify
your application as java program. So that it still won't work in my case because I don't use
the IR generated from bytecode.
But if I specify the java program as a linux excutable application, all I got are hot modules.
When I try to see the hot methods in a module, VTune collapse.
Thanks a lot.

2009-11-09

johnnylj98

发件人: Xiao-Feng Li
发送时间: 2009-11-09  10:04:14
收件人: dev
抄送:
主题: Re: Re: Re: [drlvm]Is there any JVM profiler tool for Harmony tunning

Please build Harmony in debug mode, that will give you the symbols for
analysis.
Personally I do not see any special in using Vtune with Harmony than
with another applications.
Thanks,
xiaofeng
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 2:30 PM, johnnylj98 <johnnylj98@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,  Xiao-Feng Li
>
> Thanks for your help. I tried VTune according to your suggestion. I can trace the threads
and modules in running of java, but every time I click hotspot tag for a specific module VTune
goes out of response.
> Is there anything special I should care about when I use VTune to tune Harmony?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> 2009-11-06
>

> johnnylj98

JRE. So is there some JVM profiler tool available for Harmony JRE?

--
http://people.apache.org/~xli