harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Ditzel <cldte...@gmail.com>
Subject [General] Harmony JVM support of 64 bit Windows Server 2008/2008R2
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 17:30:54 GMT
[[My apologies if this is the wrong mailing list - I was directed here and
hope this is appropriate]

I am trying to understand the level of support Harmony's JVM has for Windows
2008/2008R2
and for 64 bit support of Windows.

On 64 bit Windows Server 2008 R2 and with Harmony 5.0M11 after setting the
JAVA_HOME and PATH
variables I tried doing a java -version :
C:\Users\Administrator.PERF06>java -version
Windows 6.1 is not supported
HMYEXEL062E Internal VM error: Failed to create Java VM
FAILED to invoke JVM.

So I'm trying to figure out if I did something wrong, if there is a patch I
need
and generally I'm trying to understand the following :
  - is Harmony going to have more versions of JVM for Windows (64 bit)
  - is the existing Windows 32 bit release work with Windows Server 2008 and

    Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)  ? if so where do I get it ?
  - is there a 6.0 release of Harmony ?
  - i have seen references to 5.0M12 but it does not seem to be on Harmony's
    download area - is it available ?

thanks and apologies if this is the wrong alias.