harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Remove @author tags from code (HARMONY-6348)
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 06:12:17 GMT
On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 8:03 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/10/2009, bootjvm@earthlink.net <bootjvm@earthlink.net> wrote:

Last time when this issue was discussed, my opinion is that:
1) Any new contributor of a file has the right to remove the old
@author tag in that file;
2) If the new contributor removes the old @author tag, he/she should
not add his/her own name in it;
3) If a file has no new contributor, the original author tag can be
kept as is, unless he/she agrees to remove the name.
4) Agreed with Tim to keep a name list of contributors if their names
are removed;
5) I support to remove all the occurrences of my name in all the
files, no matter if there is a new contributor of not.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://people.apache.org/~xli