harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Ditzel <cldte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [General] Harmony JVM support of 64 bit Windows Server 2008/2008R2
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 04:34:36 GMT
Thanks, Nathan. I still don't see a 64 bit Windows Harmony JVM
in the site Downloads section.  [comments embedded]

On Oct 24, 2009, at 5:13 PM, Nathan Beyer wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Charles Ditzel
> <cldtech8@gmail.com> wrote:
>> [[My apologies if this is the wrong mailing list - I was directed
>> here and
>> hope this is appropriate]
>>
>> I am trying to understand the level of support Harmony's JVM has
>> for Windows
>> 2008/2008R2
>> and for 64 bit support of Windows.
>>
>> On 64 bit Windows Server 2008 R2 and with Harmony 5.0M11 after
>> setting the
>> JAVA_HOME and PATH
>> variables I tried doing a java -version :
>> C:\Users\Administrator.PERF06>java -version
>> Windows 6.1 is not supported
>> HMYEXEL062E Internal VM error: Failed to create Java VM
>> FAILED to invoke JVM.
>>
>> So I'm trying to figure out if I did something wrong, if there is a
>> patch I
>> need
>> and generally I'm trying to understand the following :
>> - is Harmony going to have more versions of JVM for Windows (64 bit)
>
> I think some of the compiles for Windows are already 64-bit, at least
> for x86_64. I can't recall if Itanium is workable.

Running on Dual AMD Opteron Quad-Core (2.30 Ghz) system.

I looked at  the Harmony downloads site and I only find under
Stable Builds,   ( JRE, JDK, HDK) :
  Apache Harmony 5.0M11 JRE for 32 bit

under Snapshot Builds for Harmony 5.0 - it takes me to the Linux
builds ... I tried
going up a level to the Hudson builds and its all Linux.

same with the snapshot builds for Harmony 5.0.

I can't seem to find the 64 bit Windows version of Harmony in any of
the Download location.

>> - is the existing Windows 32 bit release work with Windows Server
>> 2008 and
>
> This is probably just a matter of getting the OS version level check
> to allow Windows Server 2008. No one has asked/complained yet ... feel
> free submit a patch.

Could be that.  I will also double check it on a different machine
with slower CPUs.