harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [General] Harmony JVM support of 64 bit Windows Server 2008/2008R2
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:09:56 GMT
On 27/Oct/2009 01:24, Nathan Beyer wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Charles Ditzel <cldtech8@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, Nathan. I still don't see a 64 bit Windows Harmony JVM
>> in the site Downloads section.  [comments embedded]
>>
>> On Oct 24, 2009, at 5:13 PM, Nathan Beyer wrote:

>>> I think some of the compiles for Windows are already 64-bit, at least
>>> for x86_64. I can't recall if Itanium is workable.
>> Running on Dual AMD Opteron Quad-Core (2.30 Ghz) system.
>>
>> I looked at  the Harmony downloads site and I only find under
>> Stable Builds,   ( JRE, JDK, HDK) :
>>  Apache Harmony 5.0M11 JRE for 32 bit
>
> The lack of a Windows 64-bit build is mostly due to the lack of any
> contributors with a 64-bit Windows machine and a version of
> VisualStudio to perform the compiles.

Exactly.  So Charles, if you have such a machine please try compiling
from source and report back on any problems.  There is no inherent
objection to that platform, just practicalities getting in the way.
You'll find a bunch of people happy to help resolve the issues.

If I can find a Windows 64-bit machine with Windows Server 2008 I'll
have a go.

Regards,
Tim