harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Looking up exception messages
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:32:56 GMT
On 08/Oct/2009 23:16, Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message <4ACE0D32.3060209@googlemail.com>, Oliver Deakin writes:
>> Tim Ellison wrote:
>>> All this is dependent upon the premise that messages are not used
>>> often, I need to check that first.
>> Indeed - this might be overkill if it only has a small impact.
>
> Yeah.  We really need to confirm/refute this theory.
>
> Regardless though, I rather like the "no lookups for en/C locale idea"
> because it improves code readability too.

FYI I have a version of the IBM VME that can show when an exception is
thrown (java -Xdump:java:event=throw) and ran it with a simple
HelloWorld example.

I'll admit I was surprised that the Harmony code isn't throwing any
exceptions during start-up, pleasantly surprised that is.  So maybe a
fuss about nothing :-)

Regards,
Tim