harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Remove @author tags from code (HARMONY-6348)
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:20:25 GMT
The only policy that works in practice for the source code is "No author
tags" -- anything else gets bogged down by definitions of what is
sufficient to add/remove an author.

As I said, I'm not too bothered about proactively removing them from
existing code, but if they are removed I think we should capture the
names somewhere for those that perceive they are otherwise loosing
something.

Regards,
Tim

On 14/Oct/2009 03:55, Nathan Beyer wrote:
> Should we just start a Contributors page on the wiki and be done with it?
>
> Deleting a name, check that it's on the wiki page.
> Committing a patch, check that the author is on the wiki page.
>
> -Nathan
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 1:12 AM, Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng.li@gmail.com> wrote:

I shall