harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [website] Moved site to site/trunk (and site/branches/live)
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 19:42:49 GMT

In message <200910061451.n96EpJBK001902@d06av01.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com>, "Mark H
indess" writes:

> I've moved the site repository to site/trunk and merged that to
> site/branches/live.  You should use:
>
>   svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/standard/site/trunk
>
> to update a checkout of .../harmony/standard/site to use the new trunk.
>
> Hopefully it will be migrated to the new svn pub sub system soon but in
> the meantime the workflow for changes is:
>
>   edit/commit in site/trunk

Paul Querna has activated the http://harmony.staging.apache.org/ site
now (user: staging, password: staging - not meant to be secure, just to
keep google bot out).  This means that at this point in the workflow the
commit to trunk should appear on the staging site (within a few seconds
for my test commit).

>   # extra steps begin here
>
>   svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/standard/site/branches/live
>   cd live
>   svn merge https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/standard/site/trunk
>   # review changes
>   svn ci -m "Merging from trunk."
>
>   # end of extra steps
>
>   ssh people.apache.org
>   cd /x1/www/harmony.apache.org
>   sh UPDATE
>
> I will send another update once the pub/sub change is in place.

I'll send another update when the live site is activated.  The new
workflow will be the same but without final people.apache.org section.

Regards,
 Mark.