harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Loading 50:0 format class files (was: Re: [vote] Declare the signed source for r809832 as 6.0 Milestone 1)
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 10:43:51 GMT
> The changes that went into JSR202 include:
>  - split verifier support
>  - increase various size limits
>  - adding support for class literals
>  - minor changes to support Java language changes
>
> I'm assuming that the problem in DRLVM is the loading on class literals.

Actually the class literals were incorporated in Java 5 (v49.0), as
well as other minor features for language support. AFAIK there are no
Java language changes between Java 5 and 6.
DRLVM does support these features, so the evil should be somewhere else.

[snip]
> I'm happy to keep testing, and if we can make progress quickly then
> let's press ahead, but otherwise let's open all the code and give the
> 6.0 stream a bit more attention before attempting the 6.0M1 again.

Right decision is already taken ;)

--
Regards,
Alexey