harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Loading 50:0 format class files
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 10:51:53 GMT
Alexey Varlamov wrote:
>> The changes that went into JSR202 include:
>>  - split verifier support
>>  - increase various size limits
>>  - adding support for class literals
>>  - minor changes to support Java language changes
>>
>> I'm assuming that the problem in DRLVM is the loading on class literals.
>>

> Actually the class literals were incorporated in Java 5 (v49.0), as
> well as other minor features for language support. AFAIK there are no
> Java language changes between Java 5 and 6.
> DRLVM does support these features, so the evil should be somewhere else.

Hi Alexey,

I have replied about this issue in another part of this thread [1]. It
seems there is a problem with some code intended for debug in the
verifier. After the initial java 6 method verify, the debug code then
tries to recompute the stack map table (which only seems to include Java
5 references oddly) and then verify the method again, and this is where
we fail. Without the debug code in place the verification completes
successfully.

Any ideas why the failure is occurring or why we would want to do the
second verify in debug mode after recomputing the stack map table?

Regards,
Oliver

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200909.mbox/%3c4A9FD5E6.6060701@googlemail.com%3e