harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] testing for 6.0M1?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:58:56 GMT
Mark Hindess wrote:
> I've merged the latest commits for 5.0M11 across to the java6 branch
> at r807351.  Obviously this week we should focus on testing 5.0M11
> (r807222) so we can hopefully start a vote on Friday but feel free to
> start testing this revision of the java6 branch so that we can consider
> whether we could make a 6.0M1 release a week after the 5.0M11 release.
>
> I see quite a few test failures but that doesn't mean we shouldn't
> release.  We have to start somewhere and we can try to reduce the
> failures for subsequent releases.
>
> What do others think?

Sounds good to me. I just ran the tests on Windows x86 and I see 81
failures and 43 errors. The vast majority are JDWP tests (known and I
have raised JIRAs for them - I don't think these should hold up 6.0M1)
and TreeMap tests (71 failures and 18 errors).

The cause of the TreeMap failures is not obvious (could be differences
between Java 5 and 6 spec that the tests are not reflecting?), but since
they seem centralised and all the other classlib tests seem in good
shape, I would be willing to have a JIRA raised for these with a target
of fixing them for 6.0M2 and go ahead with the milestone.

Does anyone see these same failures/agree?

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin