harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][jdwp] Use java 6 branch JDWP in java 5 builds?
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:59:57 GMT
Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message <4A7AF437.8080804@googlemail.com>, Oliver Deakin writes:
>
>> [snip]Im going to start investigating the test failures I see running the JDWP
>> suites with the Java 6 agent to make sure they are not caused by any
>> other use of Java 6 features I may have missed.
>>

> I'm just doing another merge of jdktools/trunk to
> jdktools/branches/java6 and out of curiosity I checked the diff between
> trunk and java6 (excluding modules/jpda) and there were no differences
> except the merge changes I am testing.

That's good to know, thanks.

> I wonder if we really need a java6 jdktools branch - we could always
> recreate it if we need it and at the moment it just seems to be
> overhead.

Yep, I agree - Im looking at the JDWP test failures in the Java 6 branch
at the moment and will be raising JIRAs for them. If they can be
resolved then I think we will be in a good position to take JDWP in the
Java 6 branch as head and remove that branch altogether.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin