harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gong <daniel.gong.fu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC] The code for smallest class set for customer application in now on JIRA
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:01:52 GMT
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Regis <xu.regis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Daniel Gong wrote:
>> Yes it is the problem of  the build file, I have correct it and  upload a
>> new one:)
>> To run it, you should modify the origin and target property in the build
>> file to your origin jre path and the target min jre path.
>> More, I have updated the description. Hope it will help you all and work
>> well:)
>> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Regis <xu.regis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Daniel Gong wrote:
>>>  Sorry, that's my fault. It seems I have put the wrong version of ant
>>> "gen", ant compile work correct, but ant test-hello (which only depends
>>> on
>>> compile), reported error again:
>>> C:\download\minijre\build.xml:56: Execute failed: java.io.IOException:
>>> Cannot run program "${target}
>>> \bin\java": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file
>>> specified
>>> And I found ${target} is never defined, do you mean ${target.dir} here?
>>> ${cns} ${origin} ${test} should also be ${cns.dir} ${origin.dir}
>>> ${test.dir}
>>> After fixing these variables and copy Harmony JRE to "origin" dir, I can
>>> run "ant test-hello" successfully. The target directory should be
>>> minijre,
>>> the size of "lib" is reduced from 40.1MB to 10.4MB, looks great!!
>>> I'm waiting Daniel's description, so didn't try the agent yet :)
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Regis.
> I tried the new one, the build script worked fine for me. Following the
> instructions on JIRA, I generated dynamic trace by agent and merged with
> static one successfully, seems you have finished the core part of this tool,
> well done!!
> While there are still places can be improved:

Dear all,

1. add build scrip for native code, "ant compile" will compile both java and

2. -agentlib:Agent=help print help info about how to use this agent. I you
type java -agentlib:jdwp=help to see the example. The options of agent
usually is name=value pattern, maybe something like: java

Done. Usage: java -agentlib:tracer=output=[filename]

The zip file attached to HARMONY-6291 is the newest version of MinJre

The ant build file can compile and test jvmti agent now.

I have tested it under Windows XP SP3 & Ubuntu 9.04.

The script directory is command line launcher for the analyzer and jregen,
not implemented yet, but in my plan.

Best Regards,

Daniel Gong