harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gong <daniel.gong.fu...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSOC] The code for smallest class set for customer application in now on JIRA
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 07:31:42 GMT
Hi all,
I have my code attached in issue HARMONY-6291 on JIRA. I'd like to call it
MinJre Toolkit.

Now the coding of MinJreToolkit is almost complete. It includes functional
classes as well as command line tool and ant task implemented based on them.
More, for dynamic tracing, a jvmti agent has been implemented. Both static
analysis and dynamic tracing produce a type of result file called cns (Class
Name Set) file, which has an associated data structure called ClassNameSet
that can be created from a cns file, witten to a cns file and merged with a
cns file. The cns file in the conf directory contains the required classes
for different jre implementations. Now it only supports Harmony.

The toolkit can be used in two steps. First, employ both static analyzer and
dynamic tracer in the process of application development and test, and
record necessary information in several cns files. Second, employ the jre
generator to merge these cns files and generate a new jre from an original

So far I have written a simple ant build file to handle the whole process
including compile, test, pack & javadoc. The compiling of the agent is not
in because I'm still learning ant usage. The test is also very simple, just
a helloworld app:P

I'll improve the toolkit by adding command line script, optimizing ant
build, doing more test and improve the algorithm if a better strategy is

Everyone please feel free to give me advice or report bugs to me~thx:)

Daniel Gong