harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [general] [build] java6 snapshot artifact names
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:32:00 GMT

The federated build tree is still frozen pending voting on a 6.0M1
release.  I made some source artifacts to vote on but then I decided
that I'd rather like to apply the attached patch before making this
release (and any further 5.0 milestone releases come to that).

It adds 6.0 to the names for the various artifacts produced by the build,
so the source to vote on will be:

  apache-harmony-6.0-src-r808452-snapshot.tar.gz and
  apache-harmony-6.0-src-r808452-snapshot.zip

rather than:

  apache-harmony-src-r808452-snapshot.tar.gz and
  apache-harmony-src-r808452-snapshot.zip

which would be indistinguishable from artifacts created from a java5
tree.

It also changes the name of the directory that the binary artifacts
extract into to include the java version in the name as well.

Do any other committers approve (or disapprove) of this patch?

Regards,
 Mark.