harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] Dependencies for windows
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:01:27 GMT

In message <200908071056.n77AuVAr021972@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>,
"Mark Hindess" writes:
> In commit r801941, I've split the awt dependencies downloads for
> windows into separate tar files (three for each of x86 and x86_64).
> The content is the same as the previous downloads so there should be
> no behaviour difference.  I tested on x86 but x86_64 is very similar
> now so that should be okay.  If no one beats me to it I hope to test
> x86_64 next week.  I did this because:
> 1) I wanted to make it easier to upgrade the dependencies independently
> (for the reasons mentioned in http://markmail.org/message/uggbm4jahqsgy7kf )

I've done this for x86 but not x86_64.  I'll do x86_64 as soon as I can
find a machine to build on but I really wanted to get x86 fixed for M11.
I'll get an x86_64 machine sorted out soon but probably not in time for
M11 but we haven't been releasing x86_64 windows builds anyway so that
shouldn't be a problem.

> 2) I wanted to push the dependencies down to modules and didn't want
> modules like imageio to depend on for example lcms which they don't
> actually need.

I've done this too.

View raw message