harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib][awt] Dependencies for windows
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:56:31 GMT

In commit r801941, I've split the awt dependencies downloads for windows
into separate tar files (three for each of x86 and x86_64).  The
content is the same as the previous downloads so there should be no
behaviour difference.  I tested on x86 but x86_64 is very similar now so
that should be okay.  If no one beats me to it I hope to test x86_64 next
week.  I did this because:

1) I wanted to make it easier to upgrade the dependencies independently
(for the reasons mentioned in http://markmail.org/message/uggbm4jahqsgy7kf )

2) I wanted to push the dependencies down to modules and didn't want
modules like imageio to depend on for example lcms which they don't
actually need.

This is commit is the first step.  I intend to follow up with actions
relating to 1) and 2) next week.

Regards,
 Mark.