harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [general] List of contributors
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:33:21 GMT

Seeing the @author tag in Charles/Regis recent commit reminded me that I
had been thinking about how we recognise contributors to Harmony.

Currently we have a "Who we are" page at:

  http://harmony.apache.org/contributors.html

which lists ~40 committers.  However, we have >260 ACQs.  While some
of those haven't committed any code (yet? ;-) most have and I wonder
if we should list their names on the contributors page?

I think I could figure out who has contributed code for most of the
current ACQ submitters without a huge amount of effort[0] and I think
there are enough people currently active to point out anyone I miss.

There is little point expending any effort doing this for the current
point in time unless committers are happy to keep it up to date
by fixing the website when they commit a contribution from a new
contributor.  What do committers think about this?

Regards,
 Mark.

[0] It might prove useful to check for contributions for which we
    have no ACQs while doing this.