harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shall we change our file.encoding
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:44:55 GMT
2009/7/17, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 2:27 AM, Alexey
> Varlamov<alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The main point of the HARMONY-3736 was: why any VM should care about
> > classlib-specific properties? Let classlib do it, not DRLVM.
>
> Can you point to some conversation that backs this up? I looked at
> that issue and I don't interpret it like you do.
Well, probably it was not put prominent enough in that issue. But the
idea is simple - we should minimize VM porting interface. Things like
detection of system timezone/locale/encoding are VM-agnostic and even
never usable in VM.
Call it modularity improvement ;)

> In any case, it looks like this work should be done on this issue,
> since it's what we're talking about -
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3829.
Ah - yes, thanks for pointing this out.

--