harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Yu <junjie0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][jdwp] Use java 6 branch JDWP in java 5 builds?
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:23:51 GMT
It sounds good to me. Since Java 6 JDWP can be simply treated as Java 5
JDWP++, it can certainly work on Java 5 VM if new features of Java 6 are not
used.
In my mind, there is only one difference. If we send a Java 6 JDWP command
from the debugger to a real Java 5 JDWP, it will report that the command is
not implemented. If we do the same thing on a Java 6 JDWP+ Java 5 VM, it
will report that the underlying  Java 6 JVMTI method can't be supported.

--
Best Regards,
Jim, Jun Jie Yu