harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Lee <littlee1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shall we change our file.encoding
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 10:05:28 GMT
Hi guys,

A new patch is attached but still fail on the windows. It *seems* VM do not
support CP936.

1. I have tried to hard code "CP936" in the luniglob.c, make the
file.encoding always be CP936. The vm failed to launch with the message
"HMYEXEL054E vm inner fault: can not create java/lang/String, FAILED to
invoke JVM" (The original msg is Chinese, I am translating it)
2. I have tried to hard code "UTF-8" in the luniglob.c, make the
file.encoding always be UTF-8. The vm sucessfully launch and tests have been
passed.

Does somebody know where the vm load the String? And what does "HMYEXEL054E"
mean?

--
Yours sincerely,
Charles Lee