harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib][jdwp] Use java 6 branch JDWP in java 5 builds?
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:20:27 GMT
Hi all,

After determining the cause of HARMONY-6246 [1] I discovered that it has
already been fixed in the Java 6 branch, where I recently applied the
contribution in HARMONY-6187 [2]. This got me thinking - there have been
a number of bug fixes, performance improvements and portability changes
made which were applied in that contribution and it is likely we will
hit some of the same issues again in the Java 5 branch which have
already been fixed in Java 6.

Is it possible for us just to use the updated Java 6 branch JDWP in our
Java 5 builds as well? Not only would we benefit from the code
improvements made there, we would have one unified code base for JDWP
(and possibly the whole of jdktools?).

Any comments on this idea?

Regards,
Oliver