harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] jdktools and classlib?
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:53:16 GMT
On 23/Jul/2009 09:43, Sean Qiu wrote:
> Do we really need this big change?
>
> There are so many "duplicated" xml files whose original goal is to
> achieve modularity.
> So each component can be developed and tested separately.
> I guess that's the reason that we got so many build scripts on each
> modules of classlib.
> (It is another story whether they worked as we expected)
>
> I prefer to keep jdktools and classlib separately, it sounds more natural to me.

My gut feeling is also to keep the class library and jdktools separated,
but I'll admit that it is only a gut feeling and not something I can
defend technically.

If it really does make life easier for build then it is something I
could learn to live with.  I'd like to hear the arguments though.

Regards,
Tim