harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: issue about icu4j_4.2.1
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:45:46 GMT
On 21/Jul/2009 06:09, Deven You wrote:
> Hi All,I am doing upgrade work from icu4j_4.0 to the latest icu4j_4.2.1. I
> meet a issue about the Korean currency symbol, see icu-text-test_v2.diff in
>  HARMONY-6278 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6278. The issue
> is that the Korean currency symbol characters between RI and icu's cldr are
> different. I think its only a non- bug behavior difference, so we can only
> change the currency according to icu4j_4.2.1. How about your opinions?
> PS. RI I have used 1.5 and 1.6 to test.

I'm no expert on Korean (maybe somebody reading is!) but it appears that
the currency symbol for the South Korean Won changed from a W with a
single line through it (FFE6 at [1]), to a W with a double line through
it (20A9 at [2]).

I agree it is likely updated CLDR data, which has got that as the symbol
(line 273 at [3]).

Which is a long way of saying, "I agree" :-)

[1] http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/UFF00.pdf
[2] http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U20A0.pdf
[3] http://www.unicode.org/cldr/data/charts/summary/root.html

Regards,