harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] jdktools and classlib?
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 03:15:03 GMT
Mark Hindess wrote:
> If you are reading the commits list, you will have noticed that I've
> been making a few improvements to the ant scripts in classlib.  I've
> still got a way to go before I've finished the refactoring but I've
> already started wondering about doing the same thing for jdktools.
>
> But the question that sprang to mind was why am I doing it twice.  Why
> not just have the jdktools modules as modules in classlib?  You don't
> really lose anything in modularity since all classlib modules can be
> checked out alone and built against an hdk.

For me, this may be a bit confused - jdktools is not a part of classlib. If I
wanted to see code of jdwp, I would never thought it was in classlib.

For Ant script, I'm not familiar with it, just flying thinking, is it possible
to extract common parts or make some templates to reduce maintain efforts?

--
Best Regards,
Regis.