harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [result] Accept JDWP contribution in HARMONY-6187
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:46:35 GMT
Tim Ellison wrote:
> On 15/Jul/2009 09:38, Oliver Deakin wrote:
>
>> I committed the classlib part of this patch last week and am ready to
>> commit the working_jdktools part now. There are two issues I have come
>> across:
>>
>> <SNIP>
>>
>> Does anyone have any comments/objections to my committing the code in
>> it's current state?
>>

> Go for it.  Assuming it does not break any of the existing committer
> tests then you'll have time to fix it up before the next milestone.

I have been running the JDWP junit tests we have in Harmony today and I
am seeing a few failures, most of which seem to be caused by receiving
an unexpected event (in this case VM_DEATH). From the JDWP trace it
actually looks like we get the expected events for the test followed by
VM_DEATH to indicate the debugee is shutting down, but there is perhaps
a timing hole in some of the tests which cause us to miss the events we
are looking for. I'm investigating  the cause at the moment, but I would
still like to commit the code so it's out of my local sandbox (and so
some more eyes can take a look).

If noone objects, Ill commit the code tomorrow.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin